As a highly trained US Military Medic, the skills and experience you built while serving overseas have a valuable and important place in civilian society. However, making the transition from active deployment to a civilian registered nursing (RN) role has been challenging for many Veterans.
Azure College is here to change that.
It’s an unfortunate reality that the US military health care training you received during your enlistment often does not comply with civilian standards of academic training that are required to fill a non-military nursing position.
As a result, Veterans have traditionally struggled to receive academic credit for their military health care training, and can find themselves back to square one when returning to civilian life.
WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?
The good news is that, at Azure College, we’ll help you bridge the gap quickly, efficiently and with the respect you deserve.
Our Military Medic to RN Fast Track program will equip you with all the necessary knowledge and tools to transition into a registered nursing position in a fast-paced civilian setting and put you on the fast track to achieving a fulfilling career as an RN with a range of promotion opportunities.
Our intensive program draws from course material taught in the first year of the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), and will help you learn how to apply your high-level combat expertise in a civilian health care context.
And you won’t be confined to endless lecture halls. Rather, Azure’s Military Medic to RN Fast Track program is built around an engaging mixture of classroom instruction, simulation labs and supervised real-world clinical experiences in busy hospitals and healthcare facilities.
CAN I CONTINUE MY EDUCATION?
You certainly can continue your studies at Azure College after graduating from our Military Medic to RN Fast Track program.
In a matter of weeks, you’ll be ready to enroll in Azure College’s Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), approved by the Florida State Board of Nursing, Accredited by ABHES.
You’ll take courses in anatomy, physiology, microbiology, chemistry, nutrition, psychology, behavioral sciences and nursing to build a comprehensive knowledge of your profession.
You’ll also receive real-world supervised experiences in a range of specialized hospital departments including pediatrics, psychiatry, maternity and surgery.
You have a bright future as a registered nurse.
According to the US Department of Labor, registered nurses held about 2.7 million jobs in 2010, making RNs the largest employment sector in healthcare.
But it doesn’t stop there. Employment of registered nurses is expected to grow 26 per cent between 2010 and 2020 – faster than any other occupation. While there’s no lack of employment prospects for RNs, at Azure College, we are dedicated to connecting you with the best job opportunities that will help you build a remarkable career.
That’s why we have one the most active job placement departments in the industry. We’ll use our extensive healthcare network and work with you to find the opportunities that are worthy of your valuable military experience and new civilian qualifications.
But our commitment to your career beyond your studies is just one benefit that sets Azure College apart from the rest. These are just some of the reasons why studying at Azure College is the best decision you can make:
- EASY ENROLMENT: There’s no need to wrestle with cryptic enrolment forms. Contact one of our Admission Advisors and they’ll answer all your questions on the spot.
- FAST TRACK LEARNING: Azure College recognizes that you are a seasoned professional capable of independently managing your workload with day and evening class schedules that fit into your busy life
- INDUSTRY-LEADING CURRICULUM: All our programs revolve around current industry needs and cutting-edge techniques delivered by expert instructors with extensive real-world experience.
- INEXPENSIVE TUITION: Our tuition fees are considerably less than comparative colleges, and our dedicated Financial Advisors are on hand to assist you with your financial aid options.
- PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION: Azure College’s Associate Degrees in Nursing are approved by the Florida Board of Nursing, Licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE), Accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) and graduates are eligible to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse practice.
- HIGH TECH CAMPUS: We offer students the latest in wireless connectivity, tablet-ready workstations and multi-purposes laboratories that are equipped with the latest cutting-edge presentation tools and medical equipment.
- PERSONAL TUITION: Azure College is a passionate proponent of small class sizes that ensure a personalized learning experience with close interaction with all your instructions.
- HANDS-ON TRAINING: Our courses extend well beyond theory to equip you with all the practical, hands-on skills you’ll need to hit the ground running in a busy healthcare facility.
- INDUSTRY RECOGNITION: The quality of Azure College courses and our students is well known in the healthcare industry and our graduates enjoy a positive industry reputation.
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Our staff speaks a range of languages and we welcome all cultures to Azure College with respect, sensitivity and extra support when it’s needed.